Plastic Surgery after Weight Loss Can Enhance Your New Contours
Following bariatric surgery, patients undergo massive weight loss, which can leave them with loose, drooping skin that may require surgical removal. In Norwalk, CT, Dr. Anya Kishinevsky performs plastic surgery after weight loss, sculpting and contouring the abdomen, arms, thighs, and butt to tighten and tone the body. A full body lift after bariatric surgery can also be performed if necessary. These procedures can dramatically improve the appearance of loose skin while giving you a significant boost in self-esteem.
Weight Loss After Bariatric Surgery: What You Should Know
Bariatric surgery is an effective way to lose excess fat and body weight. However, the massive weight loss that occurs can sap the skin’s elasticity, resulting in fat bulges and areas of droopy skin. The deformities that can occur following bariatric surgery are oftentimes unpredictable and can occur in virtually any area of the body. Plastic surgery following weight loss aims to correct these areas of deformities through individualized treatment.
About Post-Weight Loss Plastic Surgery
Because each patient has their own unique set of needs, plastic surgery following weight loss will look different for everyone. Dr. Kishinevsky will work with you to determine which treatments will be the most beneficial for achieving your goals. Some of the most common cosmetic procedures performed after weight loss surgery include:
- Liposuction: To smooth contours and remove excess fat deposits, liposuction can be performed on the abdomen, hips, and thighs.
- Arm Lift: For a more aesthetic appearance, excess skin is removed from the upper arm and the remaining skin is tightened.
- Abdominoplasty: Also referred to as a tummy tuck, an abdominoplasty removes excess skin and creates a flatter stomach by tightening the abdominal muscles.
- Thigh Lift: Excess skin is removed and the remaining tissues are tightened to achieve a smoother, firmer look.
- Breast Implants: Following weight loss, the breasts can lose significant volume. Breast augmentation can restore and lift the bust line, resulting in a firmer, perkier appearance.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: It is common to lose shape and volume in the buttocks following weight loss surgery. A butt lift can enhance the shape of your backside and help you achieve a smoother, fuller look.
Many patients who have experienced extreme weight loss may notice sagging skin on virtually every area of their body. In these cases, several cosmetic procedures can be combined in a full body lift. Because multiple treatments are performed during one comprehensive surgery, the results are remarkable.
For many patients, cosmetic surgery is a way to enhance their new bodies and make them feel more confident and secure.
Medical Reasons for Post-Bariatric Body Contouring
For many patients, cosmetic surgery is a way to enhance their new bodies and make them feel more confident and secure. Weight loss surgery can help patients fit into smaller-sized clothing and become more active and mobile. However, in some cases, body contouring is an absolute medical necessity. Some patients lose so much weight that the excess skin hangs down, creating a flap of skin called a panniculus. This apron of excess skin can harbor bacteria, resulting in pain, infections, and foul odors. In these cases, the only long-term solution is a panniculectomy, a procedure that removes the flap of excess skin.
Schedule a Consultation with Us Today
If you are experiencing sagging or excess skin following bariatric surgery, post-weight loss body contouring may be right for you. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Kishinevsky, call our office at (203) 388-9919 or contact us online anytime.