Injectable Skin Treatments Can Revitalize Your Appearance with No Need for Surgery
If you want to enjoy smoother, rejuvenated skin, cosmetic surgery is not your only option. Injectable treatments from our Fairfield, CT, practice are a quick and efficient way to reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging. When you come to our practice, you can choose from a wide variety of injectables. These include Restylane®, JUVÉDERM®, Sculptra®, and BOTOX® Cosmetic. Based on your goals and natural skin type, we can help you select the most appropriate treatment for you. Dr. Anya Kishinevsky works with an in-house aesthetician to perform each of these treatments with maximum efficiency. Thanks to her skill and experience, she can also ensure beautiful, subtle results with minimal risks.
Injectable Treatments with Dr. Kishinevsky
Injectables are non-surgical treatments that can give you younger-looking, smoother skin. In many cases, these treatments can also improve your facial contours, particularly if you have lost volume in your cheeks or lips. Your injectable treatment options include:
- Restylane® is a dermal filler that uses hyaluronic acid-based gel to fill in crevices, including both fine lines and moderate to severe wrinkles. The treatment can be especially effective on the nasolabial folds (the lines that run from your nose to the corners of your mouth). It can also be a great way to enhance the volume of your lips if you are 21 or older.
- JUVÉDERM® XC
- JUVÉDERM® XC is similar to Restylane®, and it can also be used to improve facial wrinkles. However, JUVÉDERM® XC contains higher amounts of hyaluronic acid, allowing for the results to last much longer, depending on your skin type. With both Restylane® and JUVÉDERM®, you can receive repeat treatments as needed.
- JUVÉDERM® Voluma
- JUVÉDERM® Voluma is more appropriate for increasing volume in your cheeks and mid-face. Your aesthetician will inject this type of filler deeper under your skin so that it sits just above your cheekbones. In this way, Dr. Kishinevsky can achieve a natural-looking effect that will complement your overall facial structure.
- Sculptra® can reduce minor to severe facial wrinkles, especially smile lines, marionette lines, and chin wrinkles. In addition to filling creases, Sculptra® can help to improve collagen production. As your body generates more of this important protein, skin elasticity will improve. Typically, you can receive one Sculptra® treatment consisting of four injections at three-week intervals. Results can last two years or more.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is perhaps the most well-known of all injectables. It is particularly well-suited for reducing wrinkles on your forehead and between your eyes. BOTOX® Cosmetic can actually reduce facial movements, thus stopping the repeated motions that cause wrinkles. Our aesthetician knows the most precise way to administer these injections, so you can still retain most of your facial movement.
What to Expect when You Receive Injectable Treatments
Before you receive your treatment, your aesthetician will discuss your goals and evaluate your skin type. That way, she can help you select the most appropriate injectable. She will also mark the exact injection spots on your face, ensuring an accurate treatment with the results that you desire. When you are ready to begin, your skin care specialist will clean and numb the area with local anesthesia. Then she will administer the injections, placing them at precise depths to achieve a smooth and natural look. She will use a very fine needle, and she may massage the area afterward to help distribute the dermal filler. You will feel little or no discomfort during this process, and you will be able to return to your normal activities immediately following the procedure.
Injectable treatments are a quick and efficient way to reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging.
The Benefits of Injectables
Injectables offer outstanding results. Following your treatment, you could look years younger, and you may feel much more confident about your appearance. You may experience some mild redness and skin sensitivity, which will usually go away in a few days. In comparison, facial plastic surgery requires several weeks of rest and recovery. Of course, surgery offers more comprehensive results, and it can eliminate sagging skin, as well as wrinkles. For this reason, we will explain all of your options in advance, helping you to make an informed decision about your care.
Rejuvenate Your Appearance
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kishinevsky or her aesthetician, call our office at (203) 388-9919 or contact us online. Dr. Kishinevsky or one of her associates can explain in more detail the different cosmetic injectables and help you choose the option that is best for you.