Overview of the Male Tummy Tuck Procedure
Do you have excess skin and fat in your midsection? If you’re tired of diets and exercise routines that don’t get you results, you could benefit from a male tummy tuck.
More men than ever are turning to plastic surgery to achieve the bodies they want, and we have a range of procedures available. Abdominoplasty with a board-certified surgeon could be exactly what you need to transform your body. Explore this procedure today with Anya Kishinevsky, M.D. serving Norwalk, CT, Bridgeport, CT, and beyond.
How a Male Tummy Tuck Benefits You
A male tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat deposits to provide you with a more masculine physique. This can make your clothes fit better, elevate your confidence, and finalize your weight loss goals so you can achieve the body you’ve been working toward. Abdominoplasty also aims to restore weakened abdominal muscles, so you can expect a firmer core after the procedure.
Types of Abdominoplasty
Our practice offers different types of tummy tuck procedures to fit your goals:
Standard Tummy Tuck
The traditional tummy tuck focuses on removing skin and fat from the area between the sternum and belly button.
Mini Tummy Tuck
This procedure removes a small amount of excess skin and fat from the area below the belly button, so the naval doesn’t have to be repositioned. This procedure results in a smaller scar and a shorter recovery time.
Extended Tummy Tuck
If you want to remove a large amount of skin and fat that may extend onto the sides of your lower back, an extended tummy tuck may be the best option for you. This procedure results in a larger scar but can remove a significant amount of skin.
What the Tummy Tuck Procedure Entails
When you choose Anya Kishinevsky, M.D. for your abdominoplasty, you can expect several steps:
- At your appointment, you will first be sedated and anesthesia will be administered to keep you relaxed and pain-free throughout the surgery.
- Dr. Kishinevsky will create incisions in your midsection based on the type of tummy tuck you’ve chosen. Through these incisions, she can repair your abdominal muscles.
- Dr. Kishinevsky will remove the excess skin from your midsection and may use liposuction to remove fat.
- Your belly button will be reconstructed and the incisions will be closed.
- Patients can typically return home following their procedure.
Who Can Receive a Tummy Tuck?
Men who qualify for treatment are:
- Those in good overall health
- Near their ideal body weight
- Understanding of the limitations of the procedure
The best way to determine your candidacy is to request an appointment with Dr. Kishinevsky in Norwalk, CT. She can evaluate your goals and medical history to determine if abdominoplasty would be a safe and effective procedure for you.
Request Your Male Tummy Tuck Consultation Today
If you’re ready to explore the male tummy tuck procedure, we invite you to reach out to our board-certified plastic surgeon. You can call us at (203) 388-9919 or contact us with our form.