Understanding the Factors Affecting Labiaplasty Cost
The cost of labiaplasty will vary depending upon a variety of factors, including the plastic surgeon you select, the extent of treatment, and the type of anesthesia administered. Labiaplasty or vaginal rejuvenation is usually an elective procedure as its function is generally cosmetic. Patients with enlarged or protruding vaginal lips who feel self-conscious about their appearance, or those who experience discomfort during sexual intercourse, may benefit from undergoing surgery. If you are considering labiaplasty, board-certified plastic surgeon Anya Kishinevsky can review all factors that affect labiaplasty cost during your initial consultation at our Norwalk or Fairfield, CT, plastic surgery office and provide an estimate for treatment.
Discreet, Compassionate Plastic Surgery
Labiaplasty is an outpatient plastic surgery procedure that aims to reduce the size, as well as reshape, the labia minora, labia majora, and the clitoral hood. Though surgery can take up to an hour depending on the patient's requirements, the procedure itself is complex. It therefore requires the skill and experience of a board-certified plastic surgeon, who can perform this surgery successfully with minimal risk.
Choosing the right plastic surgeon is integral to the outcome of your procedure, and can also affect the cost of treatment.
Labiaplasty requires a sensitive and discreet approach as well as the talent and aesthetic sense of an accomplished doctor. At Dr. Kishinevsky's practice, we strive to provide the right treatment at a fair price, while prioritizing the overall patient experience.
Determining the Cost of Labiaplasty
This procedure is generally not covered by health insurance unless the enlarged or protruding labia causes significant health problems. There are several factors that affect the cost of your treatment, including:
- Geographical Location of the Plastic Surgery Office
- The cost of a plastic surgery procedure is greatly influenced by the location of the practice. If the office is located in an urban area, the cost of labiaplasty is often higher than if it were to be performed in a rural locality.
- The Plastic Surgeon You Choose
- The experience of your surgeon will have a direct impact on the final cost of your treatment, as well as the results. A board-certified surgeon such as Dr. Kishinevsky provides superior care, and has won the trust of her patients because of her expertise and caring demeanor. When you entrust your cosmetic needs to our practice, you can enjoy the peace of mind that your doctor is well-trained and can help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
- The Extent of Work Required in the Labiaplasty
- The extent of work required during your labiaplasty also determines the net cost. The final expense will vary depending upon whether Dr. Kishinevsky needs to address just the labia majora or the labia minora, or also has to reduce the clitoral hood.
- Anesthesia Options
- The cost also differs according to your choice of sedation. If you undergo surgery with local anesthesia, you can expect the cost to be less than if the procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
- Combining Cosmetic Procedures
- A labiaplasty can be combined with other plastic surgery procedures such as a tummy tuck or liposuction, which increases the total cost of your treatment.
If you have additional questions regarding treatment, including candidacy and the timeline, our team would be happy to assist you further during your personal consultation.
Receive a Cost Estimate
Please call us at (203) 388 9919 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kishinevsky. . Our team is dedicated to your care and comfort, and can provide you with a detailed cost estimate, so you can make an informed decision about undergoing treatment.